Mid-Weight Graphic Designer
Are you looking for a design role that has genuine ownership and the space to deliver content which has a positive impact? Are you action focussed and able to deliver within tight deadlines?
We're Oddbox, a proud B-Corp who live by a set of simple promises; Eat Good. Do Good. Stay Odd.
At Oddbox, we're on a mission to fight food waste (to save the planet) and we're looking for a delightfully odd individual to join our brand team as a Graphic Designer. You will bring the Oddbox brand to life through creating engaging visual content and collaborate with the team to find innovative ways to tell our story and answer creative briefs.
Working across digital, print and illustration, you will take the lead on the creative direction and executing great visual content.
- Grow community engagement by weaving the Oddbox brand into all visual content, delivering on Oddbox’s creative briefs to delight, provoke and empower
- Strengthen the Oddbox brand positioning by ensuring the brand experience is best in class visually and consistent across every touchpoint
- Build customer satisfaction through our in-box communications
- Making a significant contribution to creative direction on owned channels (Box specials, inserts and grower stories, social media and email)
- Support on campaign assets across all touchpoints
- Developing email and website updates
- Creating new illustrations
What we’re looking for:
As a Graphic Designer, you'll need to have the ability to apply your own creative approach to briefs from across the business. You'll need to be able to work independently, to tight deadlines
- Comfortable running design projects as a sole designer across every stage from ideation and research to pitching ideas and producing final assets.
- Creative problem solving: the ability to come up with a design-led solution to the creative brief, using digital, animated and print assets.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, Premiere Pro), Powerpoint, Google Slides and Docs.
- Illustration: the role will require you to bring to life our illustrative style by following the brand guidelines.
- Experience in art direction, typography, layout
- Resourceful: Looks for opportunities to maximise our existing resources
- Values learning and takes the time to fully understand the job to be done.
- Start date – ASAP
- Duration of role – permanent / full-time
- Location – Our office in Vauxhall provides a great space to work and collaborate. Our brand team spend an average of two days per week in the office with occasional visits to our Distribution Centre in Croydon and other trading partners
Our Hiring Process-
- You'll normally hear back from us within 5 days of your application:
- If your application matches our requirements, we'll arrange an initial call with Fiona-Jane, our Talent Partner
- If you are successful during the case study, we'll invite you to a skills based interview with our Creative Manager Eden.
- We'll then invite you to complete a written exercise to get to know you and your skills a little better.
- Our final stage competency interview will be with Eden again, and another manager from our brand team