SENIOR FULL STACK ENGINEER
In 2021 our focus was on the introduction of foundational technologies such as an ERP, data warehouse, AWS infrastructure managed in code, and internal applications. We are in the discovery phase of building two major new applications with our software development agency. And we’re just getting started.
We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer who will be responsible for leading software development. You will work closely with our Head of Technology, Senior Frontend Engineer, Product team and our software agency, to shape and build our technologies and experiences.
This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of transforming and scaling-up Oddbox, someone who will play a critical role in driving our success.
- You’ll be responsible for building, testing and deploying modern web applications (we are primarily using Python, Django framework, and React JS, deployed to AWS ECS).
- Liaising with internal stakeholders and our external partners to ensure we are building the right things, in the right order, in the right way.
- Technical leadership, responsible for scoping technical solutions to business problems.
What we’re looking for in you:
- Pragmatism - you understand that software delivery is a balancing act.
- Delivery - you measure success in shipping high quality software, not just writing it.
- Curious - you are problem-led and want to understand the domain and requirements to inform solutions.
- Collaborative - you can work independently but know when to bring certain discussions and decisions to the wider group.
- Communicative - you can switch between in-the-details technical discussions to a high-level view depending on your audience. You have a mentor mentality and are keen to share.
- Experience as a key contributor on complex software projects.
- Collaborating with peers on code review, version control, architecture, pair programming, and software design.
- Experience working in agile sprints; contributing to requirements and estimating the complexity of work.
- Experience working with different architectures (e.g. serverless, event driven, MVC)
- Start date – ASAP
- Duration of role – permanent / full-time
- Location – Our office in Vauxhall is a great space to collaborate. We expect that our tech team will meet in person on average 2 days per month with the flexibility to work remotely for most of their working hours