PEOPLE OPERATIONS COORDINATOR - MATERNITY COVER
Are you an experienced coordinator with a passion for people? Do you enjoy building strong working relationships with those around you?
We're looking for a delightfully odd team player with an inclusive and mindful attitude to support all People initiatives at Oddbox. You will help to create a best in class working experience for every individual, centred in fairness, equitable access and proactive guidance and support.
You'll be highly organised and able to juggle multiple competing priorities, working with emotional intelligence to coordinate a varied programme of social and wellbeing events, owning the Oddbox Volunteering programme; managing the onboarding process for new joiners and lending an ear to team members when necessary.
You'll work closely with the People & Business Operations Manager to deliver the overall People Strategy and you'll also be responsible for general Office Management at our Vauxhall and Croydon sites.
- Work closely with the Internal Recruiter to manage an impeccable, world-class onboarding experience.
- Coordinate a varied programme of social events that supports both wellbeing, cohesion and development of the team
- Coordinate Oddbox’s volunteering programme: providing opportunities for staff to volunteer with our charity partners, tracking hours contributed.
- General Office Management helping to make all Oddbox Offices a great place to work.
- Promote D&I within the company by encouraging D&I discussion through Lunch & Learns and social events
- Coordination of 1:1s, performance enablement and career conversation processes and practices
- L&D coordination; driving uptake, tracking spend and return on investment.
- Work closely with the Internal Recruiter to support and deliver the Employer brand strategy
- Hosting duties for various team events and working groups to ensure that others understand and appreciate their work.
- Organise gestures of appreciation: birthdays, support in hard times, weddings.
- Handle team queries, draft paperwork including handbook updates and policies, provide timely updates and ‘FAQ’ responses for the Oddbox team
- Working closely with the People and Business Operations Manager to support the Oddbox team to understand the employee handbook and policies.
- Provide coordination and support to the People and Business Operations Manager in any employee relations cases, supporting investigations and ensuring that Oddbox are compliant, fair and compassionate, while simultaneously ensuring pragmatic and sensible business response.
What we’re looking for:
- You'll love people and celebrate inclusion and diversity, with the ability to build strong relationships and care deeply about People and their success.
- Positive and solution-focused you'll be motivated to work autonomously, with strong intuition and also be able to take an evidence-based approach, supported by data analysis.
- You'll be adaptable, flexible and patient - happiest when working at pace and implementing continuous improvement, and scalable solutions
- A discreet individual able to navigate and protect confidentiality
- Start date – January 2022
- Duration of role – 6 month fixed term contract / full-time
- Location – Our office in Vauxhall offers a great space to work and collaborate. This role will be office based 2-3 days a week in Vauxhall. This role will also require occasional visits to our distribution centre in Croydon and other trading partners where necessary.